Languages: 24 African languages, French & English.
Climate: Tropical along coast, with rainy and dry season. semi arid and hot in North.
Economy: Coffee, cotton, rubber, textiles, oil exploitation off North West coast.
History: Former French and British colonies joined to form an independent republic in 1960.
Member of the Commonwealth.
Did you know?
The Cameroon football team reached the quarter final of the World Cup in 1990. They have also won the African Nations Cup 4 times!
- mains electricity connected in 2006
- major discovery of an underground source of potable water 2007
- four day journey time from Europe
- 130 km to the nearest internet
- nightfall is around 18.30 all year round